Archive for February, 2012
For the last 6 months, the team at 23press has been hard at work on a crap tonne of stuff. Most of that hasn’t been public, like rebuilding Move That Blog (twice) from the ground up, building out our second bit of IP, fundraising, partnerships, building out our affiliate network, etc.
But today I get to announce a very cool new public item!
Today, 23press is officially making it’s new backup product available for sale at www.getbackuppress.com.
Now, there were other backup products on the market (yay for competitor comparisons!). The reason I’m excited? Because the team has worked fracking hard to make this the simplest product out there. To wit, you purchase, install, click start and… that’s it.
What else do I love about what the crew has done?
- Okay, easy usage is great, but…
- “Actions”: By backing up everything happening IN WordPress, the team is able to do things like do a rollback if you accidentally approve all your spam comments. For idiots like me, this “water wings” approach to backups is hawt.
- Pricing: Beyond proud that the team has managed to have the retail version come in with simple pricing. $5 for basic backups (5GB). And just $5/month more for another 15GB. For 99% of bloggers this will be more than enough. Just the way it should be. Simple solutions for regular humans.
- Tech: Okay, gotta admit, as an old school backup guy, the “instant” backup thing is just hawt. Love it. Sure, files still need to be backed up nightly, but even that is only backing up files that change – which is cool.
- Hosts: We’ve heard from all our host partners that many backup solutions suck too many resources. We figure “faster hosts, faster blog”!
And if you’re a journalist? We’re giving away free accounts for your readers, just email me!