Archive for June, 2007
- 27 of 45 Techmeme are about, or in response to the iPhone (yeah, I know I’m not helping)
- All kinds of really important features for a huge number of phone users simply aren’t in the iPhone: Engadget article
- Call quality, and the network, are horrible: Valleywag article
- And, above all, the HYPE is insane… Especially when compared to the huge number of issues with this device at 200$, nevermind 600$
Ask yourself this would you buy the best designed car in the world, at a premium, if it wouldn’t go faster than 40mph?
This is effectively the most expensive phone ever created for the mass market (including AT&T’s plans), and it’s not even a very good phone! You have people trading in phones with better connectivity, better network, better audio, better cameras, more storage, better MP3 players… Just to grab this piece of history.
And make no mistake, for all my hating, it is a piece of history. The web browser alone will revolutionize the mobile device industry. I don’t believe the touchscreen will, but I believe future versions of the iPhone will make up for this. Long, long, long-time readers of this blog will know that I’ve been pushing for a true mobile convergence device for a long time, and the truth is that that iPhone is a huge new step in that direction from a UI and input perspective.
But, for all the things Apple did right, there’s a lot more they could have done. And the fact that they didn’t is what pisses me off. They’ve become complacent and started taking their customer base for granted (again).
Sure, they’ll sell out of this shipment. And the next. And the next. But I won’t be happy with the iPhone until it actually does its 3 primary tasks right: phone, multimedia device and mobile computer.
- Walking. First day back was busy, but good. #
- IPhoe sucks. What other company would get a raving review iin the WSJ for a great interface but piss-poor network and sound? #
- Oh, and no MMS, no mp3′s as ringtones, no flash oin the browser, etc, etc, etc. Engadget’s “what’s missing” post is golden. #
Powered by Twitter Tools.
Just a note that a local company is looking for some developers. Great company, great team, very well funded. Love these guys :)
Here’s the info, email me (email@example.com) if you’re interested and I’ll forward on your resume and such!
Senior Back-end Web Developer: